Who can get a non-medical home care license?
Anyone with a clear Fingerprinting from the FBI and DOJ can open a non-medical home care company.
No background in business or healthcare is necessary. You do not have to be/hire a nurse nor have any employee have experience in the health industry.
You can open a company as a sole proprietorship. You do not need to be a corporation.
What do I require to open a Non-medical home care company?
- Administrator and Designee
What do I not require to open a Non-medical home care company?
- You do not need anyone with a clinical background such as a Registered Nurse
- You do not need an office. You can operate your business from home.
- You do not need to be a corporation
- You do not need a fictitious business license
What do I need to get a Home Care License in California?
- Application Forms
- Policy and Procedure
- Corporate Documents if you are not Sole Proprietorship
- List of Services
- Summary and detail initial and ongoing Training
What do I need to provide service?
- Contract that states
- Types of services required
- A stipulation saying that there is a penalty for directly hiring caregivers
- Terms and amount of payment
- Client Contact and billing information
- Home Care Aides
- All Home Care Aides are required to have
- Initial training including but not limited to negligence and initial training. All training must be documented and recorded in the home office
- Ongoing training as set forth by DSS
- Fingerprinting with the FBI and DOJ
- Association with DSS as working for your home care company
- Registration with the Home Care Board by mail or online here
- TB test on file with their home care employer
- Billing /Accounting/Payroll/HR
- A way to track hours of service and bill clients
- Fictitious business license
- Marketing materials
- Brochures, Business cards, website, etc..
If you have any questions feel free to post below.